Judge Nelson encourages parties to afford opportunities for junior attorneys and diverse attorneys to argue before the Court.
- Wireless communication devices must be placed in silent mode while in the courthouse. Recording devices may not be used at any time in the courthouse or in any court proceedings conducted remotely using telephone conferencing, video conferencing, or any other form of electronic communication.
- The parties should provide advance notice when they require teleconferencing, intend to utilize the courtroom’s video displays, or have other presentation technology questions.
- Attorneys and parties should conduct themselves with decorum and civility. This is primarily for their own benefit: jurors, courtroom staff, and public observers consistently state that they prefer a civil and collegial relationship between opposing parties and counsel.
Law Clerk Hiring
Judge Nelson is currently accepting applications for two term law clerk positions to begin in August 2023. The law clerk position may be for a one-year term or a two-year term. To apply, please mail the following materials to Honorable Adrienne Nelson, Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse, Room 1407, 1000 SW Third Avenue, Portland, OR 97204:
- Cover letter (one page, single spaced; please include term-duration preference)
- Law school transcript (unofficial accepted)
- Undergraduate transcript (unofficial accepted)
- Writing sample (20-page limit, double-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, or equivalent)
- Three letters of recommendation
Applications must be postmarked by April 23, 2023. The first round of interviews will be held from May 1, 2023 through May 12, 2023.