The United States District Court for the District of Oregon continues to closely monitor the national response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and will be following guidance provided by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Court operations within the District of Oregon are currently governed by Standing Orders 2020-4, 2020-05, 2020-7, 2020-8 (Amended), 2020-9, 2020-12, 2020-12 (Amended), and 2020-12 (Second Amended)). Any future changes or updates will be posted on this website and communicated as appropriate.
This notice applies to operations at each Division of the District Court:
If you received a notice to appear for a CVB Violation, you may contact the CVB Clerk at 503-326-8016 for hearing information. To plead not guilty or to negotiate your citation, contact the U.S. Attorney’s Office at 503-471-5573 for Portland and Pendleton locations. Contact the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eugene, Medford, and Bend locations at 541-465-6000.
If you are an attorney, litigant, or juror required to appear in court, or a public visitor, and you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms; have a fever or are coughing or sneezing; have been asked to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital, or health agency; or have been diagnosed with, or have had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with, COVID-19; please do not come to Court. Instead, please do the following:
- If you are a litigant represented by an attorney, please contact your attorney;
- If you are an attorney or a pro se party scheduled to appear in court before a judge, please call the courtroom deputy assigned to the presiding judge, who is listed here;
- If you received a notice to appear for jury service or currently serve as a juror, please contact the Jury Office of the Division where you were requested to appear;
- If you are scheduled for a Naturalization Ceremony, please contact Citizenship and Immigration Services as indicated in the USCIS notice of appointment;
- For District Court matters, please contact the District Clerk’s Office in the appropriate Division.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, the Court is scheduling hearings by videoteleconference and teleconference. Members of the public who would like to attend a proceeding by telephone may call the District Clerk’s Office in the appropriate Division for information about how to dial in. Local Civil Procedure Rule 83-14 prohibits recording proceedings conducted remotely by teleconference, videoconference, or by any other means of electronic communication.
Effective June 1, 2020, visitors to the U.S. Courthouses in the District of Oregon will be required to wear a mask unless a medical condition prevents them from doing so.
Until further notice, the Court will not host continuing legal education programs.